Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Metaluna Mutant/Uncle Scrotor/Morbo's Cousin

(1/3) > >>

Frank3k:
I finished the Atlantis 1/12 Metaluna Mutant. Pretty basic kit - that hardest part was finding an accurate on-screen color representation. There are none - all the scenes with the mutant are either dark or have a wierd color balance. So I found a replica of the original suit, I took some screen grabs from an excellent copy of the movie and went with those.

Mammmy!:

Baby got back - or a carapace:

With mini movie poster:

With Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie DVD, swapping out the posters:

Dr. YoKai:
 That came out great-and the little nod to the MST3K treatment is wonderful. It sure looks like the right shade of technicolor blue to me!

Kerick:
Well, at least he was wearing pants! Don't want to know what the rest of him might have looked like.
Really nice job!

Frank3k:
I'm not sure he's wearing pants! In the movie, the pant leg just seems to blend into the foot. It's a weird costume.

The model combines "Mystery Science Theater 3000" - which I love - and "This Island Earth", which is a classic 1950's Science Fiction movie. The plot falls apart towards the end, but it's still good. The "Uncle Scrotor" line comes from the MST3K riff when he tries to grab Faith Domergue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZZ4xkgUBg

Dr. YoKai:
 I haven't built  a figure kit in ages, but like the semi-recent Krogar the Gorilla man suit, it is in my favorite figure scale. I might have to buy two, because the temptation to do a Morbo conversion (DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!) is mighty strong...

Just for future reference, what blue or mix of blue did you use for the overall skin tone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version