Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

1/48 Vampire FB.31 from an Airfix F.3

(1/1)

uncle les:
Max from Metro visits me a couple of weeks ago, plonks an Airfix Vampire on my kitchen table and says "FB.31 please" I said "wouldn't you prefer a coffee ?"    So of course I made a Mk1 first ! ( tail booms are really all that was needed. )
I hit the 3D magic machine with some funky CADs and from a night's worth of tinkering here's the result.  Both the Mk1 (not seen here) and the FB.31 to enable RAAF single seaters will be available via my FB sales page.

Oh, and those gust locks and fod covers ?   Plastic bread tags - the best source of cheap plasticard for little jobbies.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Do you have photos of the bits of the conversion?

uncle les:
The conversion set is part 3D print part polyurethane casting plus some decals.

Instructions here:
https://uncleles.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/vampiredFB31instructionsrev1.pdf

and they get sold on my facebook sales page whenever I feel the need...   the need ...   indeed ?   ... greed ?    definitely not speed.
I also done a Mk1 but more on that later as there'll be some whatiffery happening there too.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

ChernayaAkula:
Lovely build and marvellous photos!  :-* Are you sure you didn't  accidentally include some pics of the real aircraft in there? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version