Modelling > 100th Anniversary of the RAAF GB

Curtis P40 RAAF

(1/8) > >>

Robomog:
Hi all

Due to Christmas and then catching a (non-covid) cold  I'm a bit late to this one, if it hadn't been extended I doubt if I would have entered  but now the deadline is March here I am !

Had no idea what to do so no whiffs I'm afraid just boring old real world.

So, started with the idea of a P39 aerocobra but had the wrong mark in the stash, thought about a Sea Fury and had done most of the research before I twigged this was a RAN aircraft not RAAF(doh!),  dabbled with flying doctor aircraft but again not RAAF. More searching of stash and, at last ! , something I could use either a Spitfire mk 8 or a P40.

In the end I settled for this.........

by Robomog, on Flickr

It is the novo kit of the P40E which has decals for a RAAF aircraft, the boxing kangaroo nose art is what swung it (let's hope the novo decals work this time)

by Robomog, on Flickr

I remember building the Frog kit of this in my youth and basically nothing has changed, it has no pilot or seat, and assembled as is you will be able to see down the length of the fuselage through the chin intake.  The mould is showing its age there is some flash and one of the wheel doors has been short shot plus the tailwheel is a bit deformed. Some replacement/ constructed parts will be needed.

More when it happens.........

Mog
>^-.-^<

P.S.  oh and I forgot to mention the propeller is short of a blade so I have ordered in a resin replacement.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Buzzbomb:
Love classic kits builds.
This is one of the classics

KiwiZac:
Always happy to see a P-40!

finsrin:
Saw P-40 fly at airshow back when.  Likely about same time as this kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version