Modelling > Land

Twin 30mm tank

(1/6) > >>

finsrin:
Tank mounting twin 30mm cannons from the A-10.  On refurbished M-48 or M-60 hull.  Modern fire control system and working side by side with Abrams tanks.  That teaming would ruin someone's day.  Good reuse of those hulls.

Maverick:
The only problem with M48 or 60 hulls would be the same as the M247 Sgt York.  Doubled up logistics chain along with an inability to keep pace with the Abrams (and of course, you'd have to ensure the 'trials' weren't rigged  >:D).  Better to have the new kit on an M1 hull.

Regards,

John

finsrin:
Yep - I'm onboard to using Abrams for reasons you mentioned.
Another topic can be how to best use/modernize all the M-60s.
Bill

Maverick:
That's simple enough.  Refurbish them, upgrade then flog 'em off to some South American or African country.  After all, they use old stuff quite routinely, so an M60 would be a step up.  Then you could happily mount an AA system on the hull as it'd be hanging around with its own kind.  I suspect just the ticket for dealing with .... (insert bad guy of choice here).

Regards,

John

GTX_Admin:
Well, the General Electric entry in the DIVAD competition was based on the company's GAU-8/A 30mm Gatling Gun.

In my Greater Australia story, I had SPAAGS which used either a Cheiftain or Challenger 2 hull + modified turned with radar and missiles and GAU-8/A.

Regards,

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version