Modelling > Land

Boxer GTK (GTFz) 8X8 Wheeled Armored Vehicle

(1/18) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Revell of Germany 1/35th scale GTK Boxer (GTFz) built by Thomas Schäffter with the remote weapons station armed with the 40mm grenade launcher machine gun.

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Thomas Schäffter/Modellversium)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vajra Miniatures 1/35th scale resin kit of the GTK Boxer prototype vehicle built by Peter Jakob

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Peter Jakob/Modellversium)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thomas Hofmann provides an in-box kit review of the Revell of Germany 1/35th scale GTK (GTFz) Boxer (product number 03093) with plenty of images showing what is provided in this kit at Modellversium . 

(Click on image or html to view the article.  Image source: Thomas Hofmann/Modellversium)

This is an interesting kit with the personnel carrier module being a separate component that can be removed to reveal the details underneath the module that would normally be hidden from view.  My first thoughts were to start wondering how this vehicle would look with a standard fifth wheel mounted in that space to pull a trailer or modify it to become a cargo truck with stake sides and bench seats from one of the cargo truck kits.  It would certainly be an interesting diversion from following the kit instructions. 

GTX_Admin:
I have one that is going to be made up as the equivalent of the Stryker Mobile Gun System:

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on January 31, 2012, 02:33:08 AM ---I have one that is going to be made up as the equivalent of the Stryker Mobile Gun System
--- End quote ---

Should look better than that Stryker MGS without too much effort. 

apophenia:
Boxer has the heft to pull off the LWT better than the top-heavy M1128 as well. Besides, the Boxer is modular so the LWT installation is 'roll-on/roll-off'  :)

Alvis 3.1:
This is the first modern AFV I've bought in a long time with actual intent to build. The modular concept is just too cool to not mess with!

Alvis 3.1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version