Modelling > Aero-space

Racing Aircraft Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (14/15) > >>

Frank3k:
Avis made/makes a 1/72 version of the tubby Bristol racer. Here's a great build over at Britmodeller

raafif:
A fitting companion to the Bristol Barrel above .. the Caproni Stipa.

Top picture is of the 3/4 scale replica in Toowoomba, Queensland Australia.  Owner & head engineer each flew it once.  In the replica, the pilot sat in rear cockpit & operated the rudder-pedals in the front cockpit.

perttime:

--- Quote from: upnorth on September 26, 2022, 10:30:39 PM ---I wonder what you could do for the jet end of things. I know there's classes for the L-29 Delfin and L-39 Albatros, but what other types would be workable?

I also wonder about turboprop types. Scoop up some surplus Tucanos or PC-7s and see what you can do with them.

--- End quote ---
By current Reno Racing rules, there is a maximum lap speed and many other limits in the jet class. At least max wing sweep. I think Jet Provosts and Vampires have been flown. Higher speeds would require a different race course.

Turboprops are not allowed in any existing racing class.

... in the what-if world, we can invent out own races ...

kitnut617:
This is another of my 'make the fastest piston engine powered aircraft' designs. I was going to build it in 1/12 scale and had got hold of a couple of those F-16 cockpit kits that Esci made for it plus some propellers and spinners and wheels. I also got hold of a couple of Collectaire 1/12 F-16 pilots too.
It's still waiting to be built -----

The Big Gimper:
Some very well done profiles and posters of Reno aircraft here:

http://taichi56jp.g1.xrea.com/#Bearcats%20and%20Corsairs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version