Modelling > Land

White M3 Scout Car

(1/2) > >>

Logan Hartke:
Kerick mentioned in the M8 Greyhound thread that you just don't see them around anymore.  Well, I've seen a number of images of them still in service, so I thought I'd post pictures of them here.

Cheers,

Logan

raafif:
that last one is hardly still "in service" :D  nice to see it tho - the IDF is still restoring many of its early sandwich armoured-cars & trucks for the museum.

Main current users of the White scoutcar are Mexico & Colombia (heavily modified with modern engines etc).  Columbia also still has a few US half-tracks with the tracks replaced with regular truck axles/wheels.

Logan Hartke:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that one was.  I posted it because I thought it was awesome.

Cheers,

Logan

Kerick:
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them. Just what I need, more whiffing ideas! ;)
Amazing how some countries are able to make use of such vehicles. I believe it was Columbia that used the M8 with the TOW launcher and a .50 cal in place of the 37mm gun. I've also heard from some of the military vehicle collectors that the M8/M20 series was a very comfortable ride and easy to drive. Wish I had one to drive on the express way.

Old Wombat:
I've got one in the stash that I intend to build as a Royal Australian Marines version based in the Darwin region ca. 1942, armed with either Vickers or Lewis guns. Probably try to come up with a decent 2-tone camo for NT operations, too.

:)

Guy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version