Modelling > Scenarios

Closer UK-France Relationship

(1/3) > >>

GTX_Admin:
I was just reading How the RAF almost acquired Mirage IVs: An insider’s story and started to think...

...what if at the same time that the RAF acquired Spey powered Mirage IVs, the Armée de l'Air  also were to get some Harriers?

GTX_Admin:
Of course the Aeronavale might join in...

elmayerle:
Considering that Hawker-Siddeley had a NATO-wide Harrier-production coalition agreement set up with Breguet as the French member, I could easily see that.  Perhaps some of our world's Jaguar purchases by France would've gone to Harriers instead.  With both the UK and France buying them, I could see Germany and Italy being more interested from the "get-go".  I never saw anything about who the other coalition members were, but I'd reckon either Dornier or VFW and I'm thinking AerMacchi might be more amenable in Italy.

GTX_Admin:
I wonder...French Navy Invincible class?

Volkodav:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on May 26, 2013, 08:52:15 AM ---I wonder...French Navy Invincible class?

--- End quote ---
Or a PH-75 with a ski jump going on to replace not just Arromanches but also Clemenceau and Foch.  Or having proven and ironed out the issues with the nuclear plant in PH-75, gone on to develop a family of de-risked CVH, CVL and CVA, with the CVLs operating independently in policing, patrol roles and the CVH/CVA always operating in concert for strike and power projection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version