Modelling > Land

Merkava Tank Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (3/24) > >>

GTX_Admin:
I'm liking those ideas. 

In fact, *Off Topic* I plan one day to model a Israeli Cheiftain *End Off Topic*

Regards,

Greg

ChernayaAkula:
Wonder whether the Israelis will dig out the Sholef again? Apparently, they have a requirement for a new SPH. Maybe mating Merkava I hulls currently in storage with the turret of the Panzerhaubitze 2000?

Here's a Merkava II hulll with the turret of a Panzerhaubitze 2000 (almost to scale):

A patternmaker for Trumpeter and Hobby Boss announced on Armorama that they intend to do more or less the complete CV90 family in 1/35, including one with the AMOS turret. Since Hobby Boss now announced a CV9040C and CV9040B, I'd reckon it'll be Hobby Boss who release the AMOS version as well.

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on January 07, 2012, 03:34:21 AM ---<...> Bundesheer  Merkavas anyone?

--- End quote ---

Just Heer.  ;) Bundesheer is the Austrian Army.

apophenia:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on January 07, 2012, 07:26:18 AM ---I know - one explanation I could think of is that perhaps in the '80s West Germany gets an extremely left wing Govt that adopts an extreme apologist type stance and then starts mandating their armed forces adopt Israeli equipment.  This could result not only in Merkava tanks instead of Leopard IIs but also Lavis instead of Eurofighters etc...

--- End quote ---

Or maybe Merkava turrets on Leopard II hulls?

GTX_Admin:
Maybe a PLA version?  Similar schemes to these maybe:

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on January 07, 2012, 03:34:21 AM ---Actually given the Merkava's heavy armour and Israel's defensive position, I am kind of surprised a Sturmgeschütz or Jagd-Merkava hasn't been looked at...

--- End quote ---

Playing with this idea a bit more, how about a Strv-103 styled Tank Destroyer based upon the Namer?  Stick a honking big gun out the front.  Alternatively, go for the Raketenjagdpanzer style approach and do an Anti-tank Namer armed with Rafael Spike missiles...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version