Modelling > Land

M26 and M46 Pershing, M47, M48, M60 Patton, and M103 Family of Vehicles

<< < (3/37) > >>

Feldmarschall Zod:
This wild thought came into my head today. An SP assault gun based off of an M26. When I get home from the road next month,I will see if it is possible to mate the superstructure on my Eastern Express SU-152 onto the hull of the M26.

Dr. YoKai:

--- Quote from: The Zod on May 17, 2012, 07:39:55 AM ---I wonder how well a long barreled 105mm would fit onto an M26 or M46.

--- End quote ---

There were a couple of late-war/post-war experiments with turreted 105 & 155* mm guns on
 what I think was a lengthened M26 chassis ( one extra roadwheel ) , but I'm at work and don't
 have my reference books.

*"I gothcher E-100 right here, Adolf. Woof!woofwoofwoof!" - Oddball

dy031101:
Before:

After:

==================================================

Well since GTX brought up the idea of 152mm gun from MBT-70......

What of a "Starship Perfect" with XM150 improved as suggested by Jeffry Fontaine?  Might even use a simplified MBT-70 turret (no driver's position or remote AA cannon) for the bigger gun.

Or we can make the turret XM1-inspired.  Or just 120S with that 152mm gun......  :icon_music:

Jeffry Fontaine:
From a survivability perspective, it would be tactically sound to use the same turret as the standard tank to get rid of that signature look that identifies you as the higher threat in any engagement.  Use the standard turret and all of the normal features to help it blend in with the rest of the tribe and not stand out as the target to be engaged first.  I was never impressed with the M60A2 turret and it did nothing to improve on creature comforts inside with the reduction in internal volume.  Humping ammunition that is heavy and bulky from the storage container to the breech means you need room to maneuver the ammunition (and Shillelagh missile) inside the turret in order to not bang it off the walls before it is loaded and fired. 

There was an image in one reference book showing the 152mm gun/missile launcher mounted in what appeared to be a standard M48 turret which demonstrates that there was no special requirements to adapt the ordnance to the mount as it seems to have fit without any major modifications. 

dy031101:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on December 08, 2012, 02:43:16 AM ---There was an image in one reference book showing the 152mm gun/missile launcher mounted in what appeared to be a standard M48 turret which demonstrates that there was no special requirements to adapt the ordnance to the mount as it fit within the existing dimensions with minimal modifications.
--- End quote ---

That the one?

(See attachment)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version