Modelling > Aero-space

Stuka musings

<< < (2/14) > >>

raafif:
a turbo-prop engine would go nice !!

but to do away with those sexy spats & the dive-siren is HERESY !! :(

apophenia:
My go at a South American Stuka: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=351.270

I'm thinking that the most plausible engine is the Hispano-Suiza 12Y (perhaps brought in from Spain?). Postwar, the HS12Y could be replaced by Arsenal 12s (French Jumo 213s) before moving on to turboprops (Turmos?).

The original canopy would be a Stuka-style birdcage. I've replaced that with a postwar mod using Sea Fury trainer hoods. Maybe go to T-33 for the turboprop version?

finsrin:
Like those new looks for a Stuka.  Cool  8)

upnorth:
Greg, I quite like the second and third profiles you have.

Apophenia, the Argentine Stuka looks fantastic; just about what I'd imagined for an early variant. Perhaps the Turbomeca Aztazou could work as the turboprop successor.

I think the tail unit still needs some cleaning up, a retracting tail wheel and enough internal bracing to make the external brace unrequired.

Dr. YoKai:
 I'll suggest a bit of backtracking. Keeping the Anton style wheel pants, scale-o-rama the beast into
 a be-all and end all of close support. Manned weapons stations on the leading edge of the wheels, ala' 
 the Airacuda, perhaps a gondola, a tail gun ( manned, of course ) wing panel bomb bays, for a literal
 rain of small AP bombs, all capped off with a 1/144 greenshouse on a 1/72, or ( dare I say it? ) a
 1/48 th scale airframe...and maybe contra-props.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version