Modelling > Land

Ford Bronco Classic

(1/1)

Daryl J.:
I have no clue if there is a kit available of the mid-60's through mid-70's Ford Bronco, but I'd love to convert one to a four door variant in the vein of a Defender 110 or Range Rover Classic LWB.

Seeing as ICON has customers willing to shell out $150,000+ for a restored and modernized version, there might be some legitimacy in the thought above.    ;D

Jeffry Fontaine:
Yes there was a 1/32nd scale snap kit of the Bronco available from Monogram or Revell, not positive on which. 

As far as four door Broncos go, there was a real four door Bronco (special order) version called the Centurion.  A huge fuel sucking monster with the Bronco style removable hard top on the back plus four doors. 

Ford Centurion images

The Centurion is based on the later and much larger Bronco body. 

Daryl J.:
My sister-in-law's family had their fair share of Centurions.       ::)   At the time, Tri-Met, Portland's public busses, had a sign on their rear bumper that said "43 cars are at home because I am on the road."   His jacked-up Centurion said ''43 cars are at home because I ran them over."   

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Daryl J. on April 07, 2012, 04:20:58 AM ---My sister-in-law's family had their fair share of Centurions.       ::)   At the time, Tri-Met, Portland's public busses, had a sign on their rear bumper that said "43 cars are at home because I am on the road."   His jacked-up Centurion said ''43 cars are at home because I ran them over."
--- End quote ---

Canyonero?

(Image source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSimpsons/comments/1jkhza/12_yards_long_2_lanes_wide_65_tons_of_american/)

the simpsons canyonero

***Edit to replace dead YouTube link and missing image -- jjf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version