Modelling > Aero-space

Modern medium bomber

(1/6) > >>

Kerick:
Or should I say modern heavy fighter bomber. Something less than a B-52, B-1 or B-2 but with much more payload than an F-16 or F-18. There was an idea for an enlarged F-22 with an internal bomb bay. Same thing could probably be imagined for an enlarged F-23. I was just thinking of a stretched F-14 Tomcat that would be a real “Bombcat”! Take an F-16XL and really go scale-a-rama with it. Add some real tech that would give it excellent accuracy. I’m thinking a two person crew would be standard if not three. I’m just throwing ideas around right now but do you guys think this could be a good whiff?
Scale-o-rama some Mirages with two or more engines maybe B-58 style…..
Just thinking now of an enlarged three engine Phantom with bigger wings for lots more pylons…..

LemonJello:
Something between the A-12 and B-2 in the flying wing family would be interesting to see done. 

M.A.D:
I always liked the notion of a half-scaled Rockwell B-1B as a replacement for the adhoc series of General Dynamics F-111 series - with two crew, instead of four; two F101 turbofans instead of four; two internal weapons, instead of three.....
I'm assumising that by utilising the principle of a half-scaled B-1B, so much money would be saved in R&D, while mitigating development risk, because it had all been developed and proven in the B-1B program itself, which one would think would naturally equate to massive economic savings and a quick and fluid OIC.

MAD

Kerick:
Half scale B-one sounds really interesting. Something with a much larger bomb load than a fighter and still has speed and maneuverability. I’ve heard pilots compare a B-1 to a loaded Phantom so that’s pretty good. In Afghanistan B-1s were just loaded with JDAMs orbiting waiting for a CAS call. No need for a strategic bomber for that. Plus they were flying all the way from bases in the US to do it. I’ll have to dig around in the junk drawer and see what I can throw together. Some old box scale kit might work.

Gingie:
Airbus B-400

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version