Notices > Forum Notices

Suggestion for Modification to Ideas. And Inspiration area

(1/2) > >>

GTX_Admin:
The following has been suggested:

--- Quote from: Diamondback on December 20, 2012, 03:08:28 PM ---Suggestion for Ideas and Inspiration: Maybe add a subforum of "Build Planning" for guys still in planning phases, then add links to related BP threads in the first post of each I&I thread? (For example, linking to my F-15SE/Special and Mike's F-15SMT+ threads in post 1 of the F-15 thread, kinda see who's doing what that may benefit from shared experience.)

--- End quote ---

I would like to hear members' thoughts on the suggestion.

Litvyak:
I would very likely be a frequent visitor to such a subforum. I like the idea of a section dedicated to sharing ideas on how to tackle various problems.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Instead of making it a sub-forum it may be more prudent to just make it a forum in its own right.  Like the "back bar" for all model building projects with no additional categories (sub-forums). 

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Litvyak on January 07, 2013, 04:03:26 AM ---I like the idea of a section dedicated to sharing ideas on how to tackle various problems.

--- End quote ---

I think that is what the Tips, Tools and Techniques area is for.

Litvyak:
Right... I'm having an inarticulate moment, it seems. I take the TT&T section as being more general, in the sense of say "hey, anyone got any suggestions on how I can make an effective cast-metal look for armour models?", whereas this seems to me to be more like, "taking inspiration from the EA-6 and the EA-18, I'd like to build an EA-14. I've thought of this and this and this, but ..."

...now that I think of it, that could be just as well suited for a TT&T thread. How would this new (sub)forum differ from the existing one, then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version