Current and Finished Projects > Land

A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's

<< < (2/202) > >>

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on September 21, 2020, 07:29:28 AM ---Great series of builds. The Skif kits can be very annoying - their T-55s are probably the most inaccurate in 1/35. The reviews for this kit (all in the box) say that the vinyl tracks are OK, which would be a miracle for a Skif kit. Are you going to keep or replace them? The JGSDF Type 82 looks like a real life super-deformed or egg AFV. The addition of a SAG turret will help!

--- End quote ---

Thanks! The 2S1 actually went together fairly well. The Skif Strela was a different story though. The Skif Strela kkit was horribly warped and needed a lot of clamps to hold it together. See photos above in previous post.

Yeah, the Type 82 looked wobbly like it would topple over. I removed the raised section on the upper hull and it looks a lot better. It looks more aggressive/meaner and the SAG II turret makes a huge difference.

Here it is with the SAG turret before I removed the raised section. The white line shown in the second photo shows where I cut it. I outlined the area to cut with dymo tape and scored along the edge then used a fine razor saw. Will show the results in the next update.

Ramba:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 21, 2020, 08:08:17 AM ---Great lot of projects!  :smiley:

The Fuchs doesn't get near enough modelling attention, I think. It's kinda odd no one has come up with a newly-tooled Fuchs. Should be right up the streets of Trumpeter/Hobby Boss, Meng, TAKOM,.... Same goes for the Marder, actually.
Seeing that grey Fuchs hull, it has a somewhat.... Imperial look to it, doesn't it?  :icon_vader: Turbolaser instead of the Minigun?  :P

--- End quote ---

Thanks! The FUCHS plastic was very shiny and polished. The FUCHS is a very cool looking vehicle and really like that design. The reason I got the FUCHS, the JGSDF Type 82 and the Chinese PTL is because I like the forward cab design. Looks futuristic. The Revell kit wasn't too bad except for the big connecting holes on the outside of the hull for the grab handles and tools. The holes were about 3 times bigger than the pins that go in them. All the holes needed filling.

Old Wombat:
Carry on, sir! Watching your progress. 8) :smiley:

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on September 21, 2020, 03:19:11 PM ---Carry on, sir! Watching your progress. 8) :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Thank you! Progress is slow but steady.

Ramba:
Some progress on the FUCHS. Filling all those unsightly over sized holes. You can also see the SAG II turret being test fitted.

Got the drive train and axles assembled.

Test fitting the upper and lower hulls.

I also worked on the SP Designs resin turret. One of the view ports is missing.

The main gun was warped. Hit by an RPG maybe?

Turret completed. The missile tubes on the right need to be aligned better. The 4 plastic rods at the rear of the main gun I had to do myself. SP Designs didn't include any nor did they even say what length to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version