Modelling > In the Service of Her Majesty GB

BAC Concorde CC Mk.1 - aka 'The Sexy Sisters' . . .

(1/5) > >>

robunos:
Just a placeholder for now, and a brief backstory.
Basically, the British Government decides to acquire a couple of Concordes to use as high speed, long range VIP transports . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Robomog:
My interest,  you have it   :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<

robunos:

Okay . . .
The kit has arrived . . .

So let's make a start.
First up the fuselage. No real problems, just a bit of tape to hold some slight warpage in the long mouldings.

Next is the lower centre section. I will be building this model in flight, so i will need to mount it on a stand. So first I had to fit the undercarriage doors,

then fit some layers of plastic card to give some 'meat' for the stand to attach to. I've not made the stand yet, but it will use small pins up into this solid area to attach the model.

Lastly for this time, I made up the nose section. This is separate, to allow for the drooped nose if desired. This will be attached later.

That's All For Now, Stay tuned . . .

cheers,
Robin.

robunos:

Okay . . .
Picking up where I left off, I attached the nose section,

there was a bit of bad fit at the joint, but nothing a few minutes work with a Pen Sander couldn't put right . . .
Then I attached the lower centre section. making sure the joint was good and strong.

While that was put aside to dry down, I assembled the engine nacelles. I 'painted' the engine faces, using a metallic Sharpie marker, then painted the inside of the nozzle end black, then blanked them off with plastic card, also painted black.

When all that was dry, I painted the outside nozzle boxes in gunmetal.
I then attached the upper wings, the various detail parts, and finally the engines. After priming, it's now ready for painting . . .

That's All For Now, Stay Tuned . . .

cheers,
Robin.

raafif:
saw yesterday a program on British Airways - the Queen visited & was shown the end of a Concorde nose section with pitot tube.

Now where do you find a 1/144th scale Queen Elizabeth ?? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version