Author Topic: Out of Africa Rules  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Some Duck with an Ultimax

• Now known as "Ducky"
Out of Africa Rules
« on: July 27, 2019, 05:38:41 AM »
Well, here we go, my first moderation job. I'll do my best.

Rules:

1. The Out of Africa GB begins at 00:00 on the 1st of August Local Time, and shall run until 23:59 on the 31st of October Local Time (with the potential for extensions at the moderator's discretion).
2. Entries may take any form (physical model, digital profile, story, interpretative dance, it's up to you).
3. Entries must represent some sort of subject closely related to Africa - either in service with an African nation or having been designed and built in an African nation (so a South African design in service with Sri Lanka, for  example, would be fine). If you have any doubts about an entry, it's best to enquire before starting.
4. Already started entries are permissible, as long as they are mostly incomplete. Once more, if you have any doubts, just ask.
5. Have fun!
6. That's it. Extra rules to be found on Page 94.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:48:20 AM by Some Duck with an Ultimax »
Never trust a man who tells you that you have too many paints, for he is obviously a liar and will most likely try to deceive you again in future.

• Now known as "Ducky"
Re: Out of Africa Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 05:39:06 AM »
Please let me know if I've missed anything.
Never trust a man who tells you that you have too many paints, for he is obviously a liar and will most likely try to deceive you again in future.

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 08:12:31 AM »
Sounds good to me! Now for a little research.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 04:23:40 PM »
At least you're more organised than someone moderating a current GB who shall remain nameless. :-[
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 11:15:20 PM »
Does it include aircraft and ships involved in the embargoes of Rhodesia?

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 04:05:10 AM »

I don’t see why not!

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 07:37:26 PM »
The moderation has contacted me to say they think it would be better to keep the GB as only one poll, and as such I am in the process of merging the two back into one single set.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 04:51:44 AM »
The moderation has contacted me to say they think it would be better to keep the GB as only one poll, and as such I am in the process of merging the two back into one single set.

No, not just a single poll.  The Rhodesian Bush War Sub-GB is to be merged into the overall Out of Africa GB.  There will be only one GB.  That does not exclude Rhodesian Bush War themed topics since, last time I checked Rhodesia/Zimbabwe was part of Africa.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 08:00:43 AM »

Correction: two polls (physical and non-physical).

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »

I don’t see why not!

RN option galore!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 03:01:16 AM »

Correction: two polls (physical and non-physical).

:smiley:

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 01:15:22 AM »
Sorry everyone that I haven’t been very active in recent weeks, I’ve had a hell of a lot going on surrounding school and now I’m getting a break, but I’m off sailing, so, no modelling (I don’t want to try and glue things together while a boat is heeling at 20 degrees or more....). As such, unless anyone has any objection to me doing so, I’d like to extend this GB by two weeks or so, which should be enough to actually get multiple finished physical entries.....

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 01:59:59 AM »
Where are we at with this GB? 

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:23 AM »
Where are we at with this GB?

See my message above. If people think it would be best to just call it a day and move my one item to the Clear Your Workbench, I’m happy to do so but personally I’d quite like to finish it and at least have multiple physical entries.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 03:04:03 AM »
Happy for it to go another couple of weeks - come on folks.  You voted for this GB so let's see a bunch of late entires!!! >:(

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
Happy for it to go another couple of weeks - come on folks.  You voted for this GB so let's see a bunch of late entires!!! >:(

I concur! Let’s make it a speed build GB as well!

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 05:00:53 PM »
At some point while I was asleep last night, this GB came to an end. It would have been nice to get some more entries, but, even so, I had fun with mine and I can only apologise for my inactivity.

Thanks to everyone who took part and everyone who stopped by for a look.