Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Tiberian Wars - GDI Amphibious APC

(1/5) > >>

Buzzbomb:
I have done a few models using the EA Game series Tiberian Dawn/Sun/Wars  as inspiration. There is just some cool kit amongst the vehicles
In the reuse/recycle box I have this Fuchs, that has been trashed somewhat and also had a false start on another build some time back.
I had a thought bubble, using some Aliens APC Wheels from the Halcyon kit. I replaced the kit ones with much better 3d Printed versions, with the more correct tread.
So the old wheels were spare

That led to digging out a few fan images from the web on the GDI Amphibious APC. It can hold 20 odd troops in the game so it would be  a big sucker

Sometimes,  subtle hack work is not efficient, so got out the big guns, the dremel and saw attachment.

Bit of plastic card and I think I have the basis for moving forward. Bit of scaleorama to 1/48 to get some size and now...... Play time ;)

Jeffry Fontaine:
Looks like you have all of the boxes checked.  Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.  :smiley:

Old Wombat:
Hope it looks as good as the Orca! :smiley:

Buzzbomb:
On a bit of a roll with this one. Plus I reloaded Tiberian Sun to get a few skirmishes in, now have to try and not make that a time sink

So all in all, I might have been just as well scratching the entire thing from sheet. The kit form does give a solid base for the card to bond to though

Started adding some detail in.

See how we go with the next bits. So, propellors or waterjet for the propulsion ?
Propellers, look cooler, but waterjet might be easier to do. Decisions, decisions. ;)

Jeffry Fontaine:
More armour = More better!  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version