Modelling > Sea

Submarine Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (3/31) > >>

Daryl J.:
What is the name of the Russian sub that was rumored to be sunk by an American destroyer in the 60's?   And links to factual info?

Thanks,
Daryl J.

ChernayaAkula:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on July 07, 2012, 05:03:43 AM ---Of course on another tangent, one could go for a Type XXI development mirroring the Whisky Twin Cylinders using V-1 developments: <...>

--- End quote ---

Most interesting! I have a Revell 1/144 XXI earmarked for whiffing into something akin to a Chinese Type 33G, but this looks even more plausible.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 13, 2012, 03:32:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on July 07, 2012, 05:03:43 AM ---Of course on another tangent, one could go for a Type XXI development mirroring the Whisky Twin Cylinders using V-1 developments: <...>

--- End quote ---

Most interesting! I have a Revell 1/144 XXI earmarked for whiffing into something akin to a Chinese Type 33G, but this looks even more plausible.

--- End quote ---

It is doable.  Mind you, I am seriously looking at doing the XXI based SSB.

finsrin:
Air launched submarine.
Small type attack sub carried by B-36 or B-52.  Glides to water on wings which are discarded.
Maybe start with a 1/350 sub.  Revell box scale Nautilus?   Or whatever sizes to fit under-in 1/72 B-36 or B-52.
That means also building a USN B-36 or B-52.
That is a project for you  ;)

Cliffy B:

--- Quote from: finsrin on July 13, 2012, 06:21:18 AM ---Air launched submarine.
Small type attack sub carried by B-36 or B-52.  Glides to water on wings which are discarded.
Maybe start with a 1/350 sub.  Revell box scale Nautilus?   Or whatever sizes to fit under-in 1/72 B-36 or B-52.
That means also building a USN B-36 or B-52.
That is a project for you  ;)

--- End quote ---

Along those lines, didn't the Japanese use Betty Bombers to fly the Ohkas to the target area?  I wonder if they could carry small Kaitens in the same way?!  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version