Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Proposed GB Calendar for 2012

(1/8) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Hi folks,

There are a number of GBs possible this year.  In order to provide some clarity (and to allow for a little pre-planning), I thought it might be useful to have a "whole of year" look.  To this end, I have created a draft calendar for the GBs of 2012.

Please note that this GB Calendar is not "set in stone" and I am certainly not locked on it.  As such, I would appreciate your feedback.  Do feel that you are able to disagree.

Proposed GB Calendar for 2012:

1 Feb - 31 Mar:  "Anything Goes"/"Strut Your Stuff"/"Introductory" GB - Currently underway
1 Mar - 1 Apr:   "April Fool's Day" GB - proposed GB for very subtle whiffs aimed at fooling people that they are real.  Completion aimed for April Fool's day.
2 Apr - 14 Jun:   "30yr tribute to the Falklands War" GB - matches the dates for the war back in 1982
15 Jun - 31 Jul:  ??
1 Aug - 19 Sep:  "Pirate" GB - timed to end on International Speak Like A Pirate day
1 Sep - 28 Oct:  "It's the end of the world as we know it"  (also includes WW3 and Post Apocalyptic builds) - timed to end on the 50th anniversary of the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis
1 Nov - 31 Dec:   "Clear Your Workbench" GB - a GB for you to finish already started builds, including from earlier GBs

I look forward to your thoughts.  Please do provide comments where appropriate.

Regards,

Greg

Wulf:
yes please!

dont forget that a lot of people are not just building on here and there are GB's happening on other forums (ive got 3 starting March 1st!  :o ) so any help knowing whats happening in advance is a bonus to co-ordinating it all  ;D

tsrjoe:
Sounds good to me  8) iv never taken an active part in theme builds elsewhere but kindv looking forward to doing so with a fresh start on here, gives me an excuse to complete some models too  >:(  (ah i didnt realise that was an angry icon, just saw the whip, hehe!)

cheers, Joe

Weaver:
Of course the "End of the World as we Know it" GB will probably get an extension taking it to the winter solstice of 2012, and we all know what that means...... ;D

Looks like a good plan to me: hope I find time to do more than look at it!

I'm particularly glad to see the resurrection of the Pirate GB, since I have at least two ideas for that which I'm steadily collecting bits for... ;)

taiidantomcat:
I love it! Just need to find something to fill the 15 june -July  31st gap.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version