Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

(1/280) > >>

ericr:
So, the thing is, I like seaplanes : floatplanes, single-float and double-float or even more, and flying boats as well (single-hull, double-hull or more).
Actually I like them so much that I sometimes floatplanize, or even flying boatize aircraft that were never meant for that, but to me it looks like an improvement (like, to some others, fitting longer wings, it seems).

And I like to paint in primary colors : plain yellow or red or blue, sometimes two of them, or the three.

In the past I have already posted quite a few of them, titled by the aircraft type or name, but the effect of series gets lost in separate posts.

Therefore I thought I might as well start a thread on this.

To begin, here comes a Vought Kingfisher, at the funny scale of 1/200 : it came with its own catapult, which is very nice.

And to give it a bit of context, I looked for a support for the catapult : a boat not too large, just enough to carry it, in a spirit remembering the Aurora boat in the Tintin adventure where he flies a yellow (!) Ar196.
At the scale of 1/200, I found out about the ETV Waker (that had a life as a Greenpeace vessel too apparently), already gifted with a helicopter deck, and featuring a nice rear deck, with good room for the catapult :

Volkodav:
 :) Excellent

Modelling_Mushi:

--- Quote from: ericr on April 24, 2015, 04:37:19 AM ---And I like to paint in primary colors : plain yellow or red or blue, sometimes two of them, or the three.

--- End quote ---

I like your primary colour approach Eric, breath of fresh air it is ...

--- Quote from: ericr on April 24, 2015, 04:37:19 AM ---...  the effect of series gets lost in separate posts ... therefore I thought I might as well start a thread on this.

--- End quote ---

... and this is a good idea, the animal/airplane thread and this one, a great way to organise your very original work.

This one looks good, proportions look right. Will be good to see more of your floaty things  :)

ericr:
thanks! I also tried something with the same scale Marwede rescue boat : pictures soon ...

ericr:

--- Quote from: ericr on April 24, 2015, 04:37:19 AM ---
And to give it a bit of context, I looked for a support for the catapult : a boat not too large, just enough to carry it, in a spirit remembering the Aurora boat in the Tintin adventure where he flies a yellow (!) Ar196.

--- End quote ---

here is a picture of the inspiration by the way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version