Modelling > Aero-space

Aeritalia G.222 and Alenia-Lockheed Martin C-27 Spartan

(1/18) > >>

nebnoswal:
Found these today

GTX_Admin:
Nice!  where were those from?

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RAAF's planned C-27J acquisition now that the USAF are no longer getting theirs (this being a key part of the Australian decision).  Mind you, it still makes the most sense from my perspective.

Now, to see one of those in a AC-27J layout would be nicer too.

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on March 08, 2012, 02:21:05 AM ---Nice!  where were those from?

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RAAF's planned C-27J acquisition now that the USAF are no longer getting theirs (this being a key part of the Australian decision).  Mind you, it still makes the most sense from my perspective.

Now, to see one of those in a AC-27J layout would be nicer too.

--- End quote ---

When did that happen Greg ? I've missed something ----

apophenia:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on March 08, 2012, 03:35:38 AM ---When did that happen Greg ? I've missed something ----

--- End quote ---

kit': It was announced by Panetta on 26 January 2012. Alenia Aermacchi then announced that it wouldn't support any ex-USAF C-27Js sold by the US government. In other words, having lost their tie-in to the USAF supply/mtx chain, the RAAF doesn't have the option of picking up cheaper Spartans from the US either.

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: apophenia on March 08, 2012, 05:21:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: kitnut617 on March 08, 2012, 03:35:38 AM ---When did that happen Greg ? I've missed something ----

--- End quote ---

kit': It was announced by Panetta on 26 January 2012. Alenia Aermacchi then announced that it wouldn't support any ex-USAF C-27Js sold by the US government. In other words, having lost their tie-in to the USAF supply/mtx chain, the RAAF doesn't have the option of picking up cheaper Spartans from the US either.

--- End quote ---

So that's the Tanker contract, the trainer contract and now the transport contract, what's next -----  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version