Current and Finished Projects > Land

A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's

(1/201) > >>

Ramba:
I am doing a series of what if vehicles. First is the Skif 2S1 being converted to a sort of BMP-30 similar to the Bulgarian version but not 100% so it becomes a what if.

Here is the kit I am starting with.

The recessed headlights on the BMP-30 were moved to the top so the recessed area was closed off.

The BMP-30 has dual rear doors and dual rear hatches same as the BMP-2. I scratch built the doors and hatches but lost the two rear doors. I didn't feel like redoing them so I put the original 2S1 single rear door back on. I still have to make the latches and handles for the rear hatches.

The BMP-30 also uses the same turret as the BMP-2. I have a spare turret from a Dragon BMP-2 but no searchlights. This is where I am so far with it.

Here are the other vehicles I will be doing. These are all 6x6.

Hobby Boss PTL-02. It will be converted to a what if using an SP Designs Ukrainian BMP-1M Shkval remote turret.

Next up is the Revell TPz 1 FUCHS A4. It will get a Live Resin SAG II turret with Live Resin M134 minigun.

Lastly, the Trumpeter JGSDF Type 82 Command Post. This will also get a Live Resin SAG II turret with Live Resin twin .50cals. The raised rear section will be cut down to be level with the main upper hull.

Here are the three pre conversion.

Buzzbomb:
All great choices, so looking forward to how these evolve.

Your use of the Skif 2S1 kit is possibly the best use for it. Then there is the gawdawful tracks. Could never bring myself to build the one I have in the stash.

It is engaging  how organised you are with all these and have a clear roadmap for each. I can just imagine if I started like this, none would end up the way I may have imagined it. ;)

Frank3k:
Great series of builds. The Skif kits can be very annoying - their T-55s are probably the most inaccurate in 1/35. The reviews for this kit (all in the box) say that the vinyl tracks are OK, which would be a miracle for a Skif kit. Are you going to keep or replace them? The JGSDF Type 82 looks like a real life super-deformed or egg AFV. The addition of a SAG turret will help!

ChernayaAkula:
Great lot of projects!  :smiley:

The Fuchs doesn't get near enough modelling attention, I think. It's kinda odd no one has come up with a newly-tooled Fuchs. Should be right up the streets of Trumpeter/Hobby Boss, Meng, TAKOM,.... Same goes for the Marder, actually.
Seeing that grey Fuchs hull, it has a somewhat.... Imperial look to it, doesn't it?  :icon_vader: Turbolaser instead of the Minigun?  :P

Ramba:

--- Quote from: buzzbomb on September 21, 2020, 07:06:48 AM ---All great choices, so looking forward to how these evolve.

Your use of the Skif 2S1 kit is possibly the best use for it. Then there is the gawdawful tracks. Could never bring myself to build the one I have in the stash.

It is engaging  how organised you are with all these and have a clear roadmap for each. I can just imagine if I started like this, none would end up the way I may have imagined it. ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I change my mind like the wind. I went through a few different proposals before deciding.

These are the Skif 2S1 tracks. I haven't tested them yet.

The 2S1 went together a lot better than the Skif Strela. The Skif Strela was horribly warped and needed lots of clamps to hold it together. The 2S1 didn't need any clamps at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version