General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

LF: 48th scale F8F Bearcat Drop Tanks

(1/3) > >>

kitnut617:
I'm looking for a Bearcat center line fuel tank in 1/48 scale, like this one in the pic.  I have a photo of a Spiteful which has something very similar and I want to put one on one of the Spiteful kits I have.

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 03, 2012, 04:13:50 AM ---I'm looking for a Bearcat center line fuel tank in 1/48 scale, like this one in the pic.  I have a photo of a Spiteful which has something very similar and I want to put one on one of the Spiteful kits I have.

--- End quote ---
Let me take a look this weekend.  There might be something like that in an assortment of miscellaneous stores I picked up a few years ago.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 03, 2012, 04:13:50 AM ---I'm looking for a Bearcat center line fuel tank in 1/48 scale, like this one in the pic.  I have a photo of a Spiteful which has something very similar and I want to put one on one of the Spiteful kits I have.
--- End quote ---

There is a similar shaped fuel tank provided in the 1:48th scale AMT-Ertl/Italeri F7F Tigercat kit that might also satisfy your requirements.  The older Monogram Hellcat and Corsair kits have tanks with that shape as well but slightly smaller overall.  The Tigercat tank is slightly larger than the Hawk/Testor's Bearcat tank. 

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 11, 2012, 03:28:10 PM ---
--- End quote ---

There is a similar shaped fuel tank provided in the 1:48th scale AMT-Ertl/Italeri F7F Tigercat kit that might also satisfy your requirements.  The older Monogram Hellcat and Corsair kits have tanks with that shape as well but slightly smaller overall.  The Tigercat tank is slightly larger than the Hawk/Testor's Bearcat tank.

--- End quote ---

I think either the Bearcat or Tigercat tank would work Jeff  :)  but it is this elongated one I'm after.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 11, 2012, 10:22:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on November 11, 2012, 03:28:10 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think either the Bearcat or Tigercat tank would work Jeff  :)  but it is this elongated one I'm after.

--- End quote ---

Check the images of the kit sprues in these kit reviews from CyberModeler:

Italeri (AMT/Ertl) F7F Tigercat in-box review
Monogram F9F-5P Reconnaissance Panther

Either tank might work. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version