Current and Finished Projects > Land

Tamiya 1/12 Martini Porsche 935

<< < (2/8) > >>

kpnuts:
Thanks mate they are OK if there is a layer of paint between them.
Hi all added battery cables.

and starter motor cables.

I've got to say I'm super happy with the metal effects on this. The casings would be made of magnesium and I've worked up close and personal on hundreds of these and I don't think I could get more realistic results, I tried a different approach, normally I use ABT engine grease thinned down to a wash but I didn't want to disturb the mig steel colour I had used which I know white spirit based wash would so I tried a wash of vallejo engine grey over it. I'm loving the result, I can see me using this again.

kpnuts:
Did some work on the fuel pump, Tamiya would have you use plastic tube for the fuel lines whereas they are metal on the real thing.

Since I've used artistic licence already and depicted gold plated nuts and bolts I decided to depict gold plated fuel lines too.

kpnuts:
Made a start on the turbos and ancillary parts.

kpnuts:
Added some of the missing pipework, did the first bit of masking, started weathering the underneath and started on the brakes.

And a trial fit of the rear end.

raafif:

--- Quote from: kpnuts on April 21, 2022, 04:06:16 AM ---Added some of the missing pipework, did the first bit of masking, started weathering the underneath and started on the brakes.

--- End quote ---

These are the rubber pipes that melt the body !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version