Modelling > 46' GB

Antarctic E-100

(1/6) > >>

Dr. YoKai:
This will be a really straightforward build. Just assembly, paint, and a simple snow scene diorama setting.
DSCF0374 by VileDr.Yo, on Flickr

I have had this kit for ages, but have been intimidated by the most trivial thing - wrapping the PE muzzle brake baffle around the front of the
gun. We'll see what happens. I got the turret sub assembly started along with the road wheels, and sprayed the whole thing with a red
automotive primer that looks a lot like the shade the Germans were using toward the end. Further progress photos in a few days.

DSCF0372 by VileDr.Yo, on Flickr

In the meantime, I'm weighing whether to finish an old Frog DH Hornet as box stock, or giving it a 'power egg' Whittle turbine and and annular
tail assembly. (Along with a Blackburn Firebrand, Another E-100, and the Vac Westland Welkin I keep putting off building. Eek.)

apophenia:
Cool! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

--- Quote from: Dr. YoKai on April 06, 2021, 02:03:00 AM ---... but have been intimidated by the most trivial thing - wrapping the PE muzzle brake baffle around the front of the gun...

--- End quote ---

Worse case scenario, a canvas muzzle brake? Gotta keep all that blowing Antarctic snow outta the barrel, right?

Buzzbomb:
Welcome aboard Doc !

Dr. YoKai:
Getting close - most of the assembly is complete, and I am a bit torn on finish. It looks really good in the red automotive primer, but I did say I was going to give it a winter scheme.
DSCF0381 by VileDr.Yo, on Flickr

I will say that the one thing I was most afraid of, messing up the PE 'pepper pot' muzzle brake, went off without a hitch.

DSCF0388 by VileDr.Yo, on Flickr

There was progress with the Gotha, but I didn't take pictures yet.

Old Wombat:
Primer looks good, Craig, but a worn Antarctic scheme will look even better! :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version