Modelling > Brian da Basher/Brian Perri Memorial GB

Mantark Mk I Tank Buster - 1/48 Airfix

(1/3) > >>

Antonio Sobral:
Hi guys

Thanks to the extension granted by the highest powers  ;) , this will be my second build in this GB.

But before that, I would like to show you something I wrote a couple of days ago. A little homage to Brian, in the form of a limerick:

I once new a man from steel city
Whose modelling was clever and witty
His fondness for spats
Always drew a few laughs
So his untimely demise was a pity

Since English is not my native language, these are most probably not the greatest lines ever written in the language of Shakespeare, but it was worth the effort :)

Now proceeding to the modelling part, the original donor kit was this oldie but no so goldie...

The inicial work done on the cockpit and fuselage...

About the name, Mantark, you will understand later :)

Thanks for watching, and keep safe!

Buzzbomb:
The Scale-o-rama and the move of the cockpit, had my immediate attention :smiley:

apophenia:

--- Quote from: buzzbomb on August 27, 2020, 07:20:24 AM ---The Scale-o-rama and the move of the cockpit, had my immediate attention :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Mine too  ;D

Old Wombat:

--- Quote from: apophenia on August 27, 2020, 08:57:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: buzzbomb on August 27, 2020, 07:20:24 AM ---The Scale-o-rama and the move of the cockpit, had my immediate attention :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Mine too  ;D

--- End quote ---

And mine! 8)

Antonio Sobral:
Right, I forgot to mention the little 1/72 -> 1/48 scale-o-rama effect!

As for the name, "Mantark" is the agglutination of 2 fish names, Manta-Ray and Shark.

Why? because....

Right? :)

Still needs some work and small refinements, as you can easily see.

Regarding the pilot, I am having second thoughts about placing him inside the cockpit.

I think I will leave the cockpit empty (just adding a seat, of course :) ) and will place a standing pilot figure next to the plane.

Thanks for watching!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version