Modelling > Informal Lockdown/COVID-19 GB

A Corker of a Spaceship

(1/5) > >>

Robomog:
During the lockdown Mrs Mog and I finished off a bottle of whisky, she was impressed by the design of the stopper and I commented that I could make that into a spaceship so she gave it to me and then said 'go on then'  and this is the result.

One whisky cork, three dress making pins, a circle of plastic card, half a large scale tyre, a large scale spinner and an anonymous  plastic part that looks like a thruster later and i  have this

by Robomog, on Flickr

It is of indeterminate scale, but I have posed it here with Arthur who is six foot high in 1/72 scale making it a sort of unmanned probe/satellite I will probably stick with that.

I am currently filling in some of the holes ready for priming, it will be finished in day-glo orange and white

Just a crazy off the cuff sorta build.... hope you like it

Mog
>^-.-^<

Dr. YoKai:
Holy Mackeral! It's the Kecksburg Pine cone! (Obscure Ufo case from the...seventies, I think? Described a crashed, small, 'cone shaped' machine
that was whisked away in the middle of the night by the Army. One version of the story has it as a crashed Russian satellite, which did have a similar appearance, but the re-entry trajectory was wrong, according to James Oberg, whose opinion I tend to trust.)

Anyway, nifty little project - my hats off to you!

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Robomog on June 18, 2020, 01:12:24 AM ---During the lockdown Mrs Mog and I finished off a bottle of whisky

--- End quote ---

How long have you been in lockdown and how large a bottle?  Am asking so as to compare against my own accomplishments... ;)

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on June 18, 2020, 02:52:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Robomog on June 18, 2020, 01:12:24 AM ---During the lockdown Mrs Mog and I finished off a bottle of whisky

--- End quote ---

How long have you been in lockdown and how large a bottle?  Am asking so as to compare against my own accomplishments... ;)

--- End quote ---

Yeah me too! I think me and mrs kitnut are on our fifth 60oz'er (of rum that is)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version