Modelling > Fire fighting GB

Fire Fighting Drone - Finished

(1/7) > >>

Robomog:
Hi all

Wading Into this one with  a semi scratch build. Aircraft will be basically  a big water tank with an engine and rotor attached tail control will be a ducted exhaust rather than a tail rotor.

This is the doner kit.

by Robomog, on Flickr

I got it really cheap in a stack-it-high-sell-it-cheap shop for £2 GB and had no intention of building it.  I was curious what it was like and thought it would make a useful source of spares

It consists of two sprue and a load of loose parts.

by Robomog, on Flickr

Look at that smoky glass sprue.....   keeping that for other projects. The fuselage is in multiple sections rather than two halves and a bit chunky,  I think this has been designed as a snap together kit but it's still polystyrene and a weird box scale. Strangely the box says 1:65 scale but the instructions say  1:115

its a very confused kit ???

The kit has donated the engine section and the rotor which I am going to Scale-o-rama  to 1:72 scale and I have manufactured all the parts for the main water tank.

by Robomog, on Flickr

Let construction commence !!

Thanks for looking...........

Mog
>^-.-^<

GTX_Admin:
Looking forward to this one.

Buzzbomb:
Drone Fire Fighting aircraft have to be a way forward.

Looking forward to how this evolves.

ChernayaAkula:
Interesting idea.  :smiley:

Looks like the decal (sticker?) sheet also offers US and Soviet markings beside the Chinese option. Interesting possibilities for other Z-9/Dauphin builds.

Robomog:
Cheers guys

Moritz - i haven't tried the decals yet, these kits come in a series of eight, I have got four of them and the decal sheet  is identical in each kit !

by Robomog, on Flickr

I have got 2,4,6 and 8, would have loved to get 3 for this build but alas it was not there !

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version