Modelling > Beasts of Burden' (Transport/Airliners etc) GB: 1 Apr - 30 Jun

A Waterbombing Gannet

(1/12) > >>

Robomog:
Hi all,

Sorry I'm a bit late for this one, basically delayed by a project overrun of the yellow supermarine  but also hampered by the fact that the doner kit I intended using had some major parts missing and I had to order a replacement.

No backstory as such but the premise for this whiff is that a requirement was required in a coastal area prone to bush fires for a water bomber that would also double up on other roles such as maritime patrol or air sea rescue.

The Fairey Gannet mk 4 was chosen for conversion for a number of reasons,  its carring capacity for starters then its endurance and ability to loiter on one engine. The three crew positions was the final clincher for the maritime patrol requirement.

The aircraft had all of its offensive equipment removed including dustbin radar, the bomb doors were removed as well to make way for a custom built water tank which added a little depth to the fuselage as ground clearance was limited but was bulged sideways to add some more capacity.

The area previously occupied by the radar was fitted with chutes to dispense flares and a life raft.

Here is the starter kit :-

by Robomog, on Flickr

A much  more accurate kit than the Novo version I was going to use, but that wasn't completely wasted as the bottom half of the old fuselage will be used to produce the shape of the new water tank

by Robomog, on Flickr

More when it happens........

Thanks for looking

Mog
>^-.-^<

Kerick:
Yellow or white and red?
Looks like fun!

Robomog:
You are so on my wavelength  ;D

Or am I getting predictable ?

Looking at yellow and red for the final colours

Mog
>^-.-^<

Kerick:
Check Drawdecals for several waterbomber markings options. The ones I got for the fire watch Cobra look very good!

Robomog:
Thanks kenrick, I will have a look, might save me some time getting the finished paint scheme completed

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version