Modelling > 2018 Clear your workbench GB

Warhammer 40K Casemate Basilisk

(1/4) > >>

Some Duck with an Ultimax:
I thought I might as well make an entry....

This is something I've had lying around for a while now. On the way back from a tournament at Warhammer World with the whole club, I may or may not have left the gun platform and shield on a train...  :-[ To make things even better, it wasn't even my Basilisk, but club property....

Rather than purchase an entirely new tank for the club, I decided to do something more interesting (and cheaper - shhhh) and build a casemate structure for it. I've been working on it since the end of summer or thereabouts, and it is actually at a further state than these pictures show, this was just my 'prototype' stage to test the dimensions out with cheaper (and easier to cut) materials.

Classmate Basilisk by SomeDuckWithAnUltimax, on Flickr

I shall upload more photos of the build process as soon as I get round to putting them on Flickr.

Thanks for looking!

Here are a couple of photos of how I built it - a plasticard structure made to vaguely the same shape as the cardboard prototype was. I still had the gun barrel and mounting from the kit, so these were re-used.

Cutting and gluing the plasticard is a relatively easy process, but I reckon I spent at least eight hours with a file making it all fit together before I took these photos, and then at least another two hours after I took them smoothing it out in places.

Frank3k:
That looks good - how thick is the plastic card? It looks pretty thick.

IO'm lazy and I've been using a Silhouette cutter when I need shapes cut out of styrene. It's not great, but usually slightly better and definitely faster than cutting by hand.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Frank, the plasticard is a combination of 1mm (for external faces) and 2mm (for internal components). I built it like that cause it's for tabletop gaming and even more so cause its tabletop gaming at a club, where people tend not to be as careful as if they were using their own stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version