Modelling > "Anything Goes"/"Strut Your Stuff"/"Introductory" GB

Grumman F12F-1 Lion Profile

(1/3) > >>

Empty Handed:
Although probably not the one you were expecting! I was going through Tailspin Turtle's awesome thread on the Grumman 110 over on Secret Projects earlier today, came across the beautiful and somewhat different Design 110-3 and fell in love. I thought since I'm gonna do a profile of it, I might as well "strut my stuff"!

Here is the initial WIP. I've reproduced the original outline and started adding a few bits. Since the original drawing is a little spartan, I've had to make a few assumptions as to what goes where (which will no doubt fluctuate as time goes on).

I hope to showcase most of the major stages I take to create a profile and if my more learned colleagues wish to throw in the odd observation or suggestion, I'd be only too happy.

Empty Handed:
Looking a little like a proto-J-10....

....... and with some colour.

Next up, weathering......

GTX_Admin:
Woohoo!!!

I must admit that I really appreciate you doing a build thread.  I think many people underestimate what actually goes into creating a good profile (it's just colouring in isn't it?  ;)).

Watching with interest.

Regards,

Greg

Empty Handed:

--- Quote ---it's just colouring in isn't it?  ;)
--- End quote ---

I know you are not being entirely serious but.....

......you could well argue that some of the profiles I've done, I've just traced around the original drawing but it's a little more involved than that. Hopefully I've demonstrated that with more esoteric subjects such as this, it does require a little creativity. As for the "colouring in", often, just choosing a colour scheme can be an art form unto itself given the options available (never realised how much I like orange until I started doing these).

To the naysayers, I would argue that presumably the Mona Lisa was just coloured in at some point. Was going to the moon just playing with some pretty big fizzy drinks bottles? I am perhaps belabouring the point a little now!  ;D

Anyway, the profile.....

Some tweaks and a little bit of highlighting and weathering (must resist temptation to weather new aircraft!!!). Next up shadows and finishing touches.

Maverick:
Really super stuff.

Regards,

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version