Modelling > Scaleorama GB

F-14/35 TomLite II

(1/7) > >>

taiidantomcat:
As always I have tons of ideas for the GB but took some time to pick. A cross between a Tomcat and an F-35:

Start picture. 1/48 Tomcat Cockpit that is from another completed model (but I never glued it on so I could check for fit on other projects like this one- won't actually use what is shown.) And I have the seat and guy there for scale along with the 1/48 F110. Primary model is the older Hasegawa 1/72 scale Tomcat. this particular model was actually a "scale-o-rama" on accident. I bought it as in from Ebay thinking it was a 1/48 F-14!! oops! Well I guess it still can be  :) If you look to the right I also grabbed a 1/48 scale F-18 canopy which may also be a contender, but I am leaning to the F-14 cockpit right now.

F110 looks kind of big since th pic was taken with it ON TOP of the model.

Had to think about and mark the cuts... Also shown is the Lego Spine.

After the cuts!!! :o No going back now. I do not like this though. I need to tone down the big areas I have cut. I was going to blank them off and add greeblies but they are just too large an area... hmmm.  ???

plan your cuts!

1/48 Tomcat Fin cut down, along with my seated pilot and seat. He has been critical in finding right where the seat needs to be in the semi cramped 1/72 scale cockpit.

Possibly longer spine. Making some good progress. This is one of my Science Fiction projects that requires intricate paint work planning so I have had to take a deep breath and make sure stuff is on track... hope for more updates soon.

:) :)

Jeffry Fontaine:
Wicked!  Looks like you are off to a great start with the LEGO block interface :)

finsrin:
Sooo interesting,,,   keep posting :)

Kelmola:
Using "my precious kittah" the Cat as the base, even a F-35 lookalike can look good, as this project proves!

Will you keep the LEGOTM spine, or is it just a placeholder for plasticard structure?

Tophe:
I love your project of a huge canopy bringing more personality :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version