Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Should we have an annual non-military GB?

<< < (2/3) > >>

finsrin:
I agree with ChernayAkula.  Appeal to participate should be wide based as possible. 
Obvious example to me is military vehicle modified for unarmed civil duty.  Such as for; artic or Mars exploration, mountain rescue, mining, farming, fire fighting, construction work.  Tank or APC could be equipped for venturing into a twister with with instruments and cameras on board.  Military aircraft converted to fire fighting or racing is RW example.

MaxHeadroom:
My suggestion to create an annual motto doesn't exclude a wide spread build!
In opposite, I think!
Every annual GB-motto can be feeded with land based vehicles, flying machines, boats/ships or just only by figures, with or without buildings and/or landscape!
Having a motto only secures a certain connection to make homogeneity for the final award ceremony.
You can't compare apples with pears.
I can't imagine to be forced to compare a rusty VW T-2 at a junkyard, having a young tree growing through one of the front windows to a freshly shampooned VW T-2, parking at the banks of a lake, people doing BBQ by the open side-doors.
You know, what I mean?

Dear friend finsrin, hidden you have been inconsistent to yourself, by enumerating all this possible conversion/swords into plowshares themes. ;)
For me, this is a motto, perhaps for the 2015-GB. (But then, I don't use the Ford Model A.)
I remember pictures of Jeeps, towing/pulling plows/ploughs, often seen in Great Britain's farming in the early after-war years, or a US-Halftrack used for let water/launch private boats and yachts at belgian and french beaches. Jacques Yves Cousteau's "Calypso" also is a bright example of converting a military vessel (a minelayer) into a civil exploration platform for the the joy, education and the benefit of millions of people around the world going to cinema or watching TV.
Or the monumental Martin flying ship/floatplane as a firefighter... two or three are still existing and in duty.
There are innumerable examples, just use your imagination...

Yes folks, If this isn't a motto, I don't know, what a motto is! :)

Norbert

GTX_Admin:
So I guess the answer is "Yes"...

We will look to including it in the schedule starting next year.

finsrin:
Opinion:  This may have wider appeal as an unarmed GB.  Civilian or military.

Kerick:
I think a non mil event is a great idea! Nice change of pace. Keeping the options open would be helpful to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version