Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Should we have an annual non-military GB?

(1/3) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Folks,

It has been put to me that we could have an annual "non-military" Group Build.  This would be something like the Anything But Military GB we had last year.  It would consist entirely of non-military entries including "swords into plowshares" style entries.

What do you say?

You have 14 days to decide and you can change your mind if so be it.  Please feel free to put forward arguments for/against but do so in a constructive, civilised manner.

Kind Regards,

Greg

MaxHeadroom:
Annual? Sounds good, Greg.
And including "swords into plowshares" as a version of an anything-but-military-GB is ok.
But I would like to suggest a motto for the GB, instead of wild and incoherent modelbuilding.
Mottos could be a garage-scene, rough area, an accident, family vacation, expedition (explorer), and so on.
What do you think?

For a 2015-GB I will use a Lindberg 1/32 1930 Ford Model "A" Pickup. ;)

Norbert

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: MaxHeadroom on May 04, 2015, 12:36:45 AM ---
But I would like to suggest a motto for the GB, instead of wild and incoherent modelbuilding.
Mottos could be a garage-scene, rough area, an accident, family vacation, expedition (explorer), and so on.
What do you think?

--- End quote ---

Works for me - have an theme to each annual GB.  What do others think?  Just post your thoughts here.

Old Wombat:
Although it's unlikely that I'll enter too often, I think it's a good idea. :)

There are enough members around who don't like to build military/armed vehicles/boats/aircraft to make it fairly worthwhile, I'd hazard.

ChernayaAkula:
I'd say "Yes" to an annual non-military GB, but "No" to a special theme. There's no real need to narrow it down to a special theme for the civil stuff.  It might actually be counter-productive. Making it all-encompassing seems to be a better way of promoting building civil subjects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version