Modelling > Beyond '46 GB

Supermarine Spitfire F.Mk.22, Belgian Aeronautique Militaire

(1/5) > >>

Spey Phantom:
looking through the stash, i thought i'd start off with the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire F.22.
the kit itsself looks excelent, and im gonna be building it in Belgian markings.
belgium did operate spitfires (Mk.9, Mk.16 and various versions of the Mk.14), but not this type.

decals will be a combination of DACO, homemade and kit decals.
i will post some inbox pictures later.

if i still have some time left, i might even build a second spitfire F.22, this time in Dutch markings  8)

ysi_maniac:
Love this small pearl. Nice kit. :) :)

Spey Phantom:
well, today the GB begins, and that means i can start painting and pasting  8)

i started last night by looking for decals.
i remembered i made decals for the serials some time ago, but the roundels never come out that good on a metallic surface.
so i decided to cut out the roundels from the DIY decals and replace them with those from the DACO spitfire decal set, witch has been released very recently.

as for a unit, im gonne be paining this one up in 31 "Tiger" Squadron markings.
color scheme will be all metal with a yellow spinner and yellow/black trimmed rudder.
serial will be SQ 31, 8S*K.

reason i chose the SQ-xx serial is that the SM-xx was used in Belgium on the Mk.9 spits and SG-xx on the Mk.14.
since there were no F.22 spitfire's in Belgian service, i had to make up my own serial code.

dont worry, there will be a '46 themed backstory to it  8)

perttime:
F Mk.22 fits the time period perfectly on its own ... but a story always makes a whif even better.

... of course, you could call it F Mk.24. (which came a year later) I don't think there are any (or significant) external differences.

Spey Phantom:
i started last night on some sub assemblies.

painting the wheelwells and cockpit, then putting the wings together.
also started on the cockpit painting and assembly  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version