Modelling > Desert Warfare GB

Rules for Desert Warfare

(1/6) > >>

Feldmarschall Zod:
#1. Entries are to be completed by Feb.28, 2013. Hopefully, mine will be finished by then. No pressure, eh? :o

#2. Colors. I guess this part can be debatable. Please let us mods know your thoughts. I would prefer a base color of sand tan/dark yellow/brown. Camo colors are optional.  Any scheme will be acceptable if you can logically make a case for it.  When in doubt ask.

#3. The build must be what if/sci fi.

#4. Have fun and be creative.

#5. Extensions can be considered, if people do need more time.

#6. Ships and civie stuff are welcome as well.

#7. Profiles/stories are OK too.

#8. Deserts = Sand and rocks, no Arctic stuff even if they are technically deserts.  They also don't have to be limited to Earth.  Mars has red deserts after all.

#9. Partially built models are OK as well just check with one of us first.

I will do my best to watch over this build. I will not promise to be on everyday.
Chad.

Logan Hartke:

--- Quote from: The Zod on January 08, 2013, 06:09:40 AM ---#2. Colors. I guess this part can be debatable. Please let us mods know your thoughts. I would prefer a base color of sand tan/dark yellow/brown. Camo colors are optional.

--- End quote ---

Or another scheme specifically intended for use in the desert.  Things that come to mind are the famous Pink Panthers or blue Matildas.

I'm sure vehicles liberally covered in sand would also qualify regardless of the paint underneath which you couldn't see.

Are those all fair exceptions?

Also, what about equipment in the service of a "traditionally" desert nation, regardless of scheme?  Would a silver IDF bird be out, for example?  I'm more curious about this one than anything.

Cheers,

Logan

Feldmarschall Zod:

--- Quote from: Logan Hartke on January 08, 2013, 06:47:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: The Zod on January 08, 2013, 06:09:40 AM ---#2. Colors. I guess this part can be debatable. Please let us mods know your thoughts. I would prefer a base color of sand tan/dark yellow/brown. Camo colors are optional.

--- End quote ---

Or another scheme specifically intended for use in the desert.  Things that come to mind are the famous Pink Panthers or blue Matildas.

I'm sure vehicles liberally covered in sand would also qualify regardless of the paint underneath which you couldn't see.

Are those all fair exceptions?

Also, what about equipment in the service of a "traditionally" desert nation, regardless of scheme?  Would a silver IDF bird be out, for example?  I'm more curious about this one than anything.

Cheers,

Logan

--- End quote ---

Logan.
Thanks for pointing them out. I had forgotten about the SAS pink vehicles. The British also used a desert pink on some M3 and M4 tanks. I can see a silver aircraft,as long as it belongs to a desert nation,or a non desert nation that is fighting in the desert. :icon_music:

Cliffy B:
Don't forget about the RAF Desert Pink jets in Gulf War.

Those funky Matildas are cool!  Wonder if the scheme worked?

Brian da Basher:
The problem about keeping to a desert/tan color is this writes off a lot of civil stuff (most civil schemes are white) and things from desert/arabian/african countries that may not wear tan.

I've got some ideas for things from desert countries, but I'd like a ruling on this before I proceed.

Thanks for inviting the discussion!

Brian da Basher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version