Modelling > Falklands War/Guerra de las Malvinas 30yr Tribute GB

Argentine Jaguar... at sea

(1/3) > >>

scorchio:
This is the first new profile I've made in months - the Falklands War was a more than worthy source of inspiration to get my arse into gear.

The idea for this profile initially started out as a Royal Navy version of the Jaguar M (to be called Jaguar SB.3), hence it has the 'chisel' nose of a Jaguar GR.1 housing the Ferranti ARI23231 LRMTS, with the addition of some long, 'elegant' landing gear. However, after completing the line drawing I considered the implications of Jaguar M having come into service, and there being no Super Étendard on the Argentine side during the war - I made a decision to switch sides.

For the time being, the LRMTS nose remains: It was the usual spec of export Jaguars though, so doesn't seem too daft a change for an exported Jaguar M. However I'm not sure how effective it would be in a maritime environment.

I may do an alteration (i.e. upgraded version) with an Agave radar fitted in the nose, like India's Jaguar IM and the Super Étendard itself - for carrying Exocet. As such, the colour scheme for the 'original' spec is based on older COAN Skyhawks, rather than the Étendard's 'Gris Bleu Fonce' that will be on the version with radar.

Cropped pic at full res to show detail:

I still need to do a fair amount of tweaking, and the inside of the cockpit still needs detailing, so updates will be made before the end of the GB - such as attempts at the radar-equipped version (can't have the Falklands War without Exocets can we?). I'm going away for a few days though, so thought it'd be worth posting now to generate some comments and interest 8)

GTX_Admin:
Outstanding!!!

Wulf:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on May 13, 2012, 09:52:41 AM ---Outstanding!!!

--- End quote ---

wot he said! ^^^^^^

very nice indeed

Doom!:
Very nice indeed!  :)

Logan Hartke:
That's lovely, scorchio!  Very well done!  I love the detail.

Cheers,

Logan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version