Author Topic: Superstructures  (Read 1162 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Superstructures
« on: February 06, 2023, 12:54:10 PM »
I have some questions.

Recently I am kicking around the idea of placing SPY-1 radar into the superstructure of the Long Beach (partly because I am trying to preserve the aesthetics of the Long Beach rather than the extensive never-built reconstruction from early 1990s).  The result of taking inspirations from the radar housings on the Ticonderoga class cruiser is on the right side of the attached picture (I did not include the mast because it's still WIP; the left side is the source I'm working from- not the Long Beach, but something of the same nature and external dimensions).

I'm no architect, so I wonder if what I did was structurally sound as is or if I should add some visible reinforcement to the superstructure below the radar housing.  I am especially nervous since the segment in question of the superstructure is not as wide as its length......

Thanks in advance for any advice given.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 02:32:26 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?