Current and Finished Projects > Land

Early Sherman II

(1/3) > >>

Feldmarschall Zod:
Tasca kit. Only AM stuff I used was a metal barrel,and Formations ride spacers on the bogies. The paint looks to yellow to me. It is a Tamiya mix of three paints. I think it should be more light tan-ish.

At least I am getting a little better at photos and weathering. :o

Brian da Basher:
It's a real treat to see a Sherman in desert colors and you've really done this one proud, Zod!

The details are especially nice, particularly the turret-mounted machine gun.

Brian da Basher

Feldmarschall Zod:

--- Quote from: Brian da Basher on October 26, 2013, 03:03:32 AM ---It's a real treat to see a Sherman in desert colors and you've really done this one proud, Zod!

The details are especially nice, particularly the turret-mounted machine gun.

Brian da Basher

--- End quote ---

Thanks Brian. :)

Queeg:
Lovely! Smooth build and smooth paint .........  I've yet to build a Tasca kit yet but they do look good.   :icon_beer: :icon_beer:

As to the yellow I wouldn't sweat it, it looks a close match for fresh Light Stone 61 and the sun does weird stuff to paint so there's a huge variation of possibilities.  For me I tend to start much lighter (more like Portland Stone) and build in a very subtle pink tint with my shading, but thats just my personal taste.  I also do my Caunter slightly differently to the Mike Starmer regulations just because I like certain colours .....

Brent

Feldmarschall Zod:

--- Quote from: Queeg on October 26, 2013, 04:05:17 AM ---Lovely! Smooth build and smooth paint .........  I've yet to build a Tasca kit yet but they do look good.   :icon_beer: :icon_beer:

As to the yellow I wouldn't sweat it, it looks a close match for fresh Light Stone 61 and the sun does weird stuff to paint so there's a huge variation of possibilities.  For me I tend to start much lighter (more like Portland Stone) and build in a very subtle pink tint with my shading, but thats just my personal taste.  I also do my Caunter slightly differently to the Mike Starmer regulations just because I like certain colours .....

Brent

--- End quote ---
Thanks Brent. The Tasca bogie units can be a bit time consuming,but other than that,they are great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version