Current and Finished Projects > Land

White Line Fever

(1/5) > >>

Queeg:
Hi all,  haven't posted for a loooong time so hopefully this revs (pun intended) me up to get motivated again.

Anyway just a bit of fun and my first ever car model  .... a "Carwars" inspired post apocalyptic ride based on a Monogram Buick Nascar.  The body's still loose as I want to be able to remove it to fit a driver in the future when gaming. The immediate plan is to base it on a bit of ruined road with a suitable mad maxy style fig to stand next to it.

Got to try out a few wastland specific paint techniques too, including the "hairspray chipping technique" for the worn paint that I managed to pull off without using hairspray and brush painting instead of spraying on the top coat. The wip primer coat was sprayed from a rattlecan to properly cover the radiation green plastic but everything after that is brushpainted GW acrylics as usual.

So tis not quite finished (still needs plug leads, cables and some fuel line pipwork) but close enough to share ......

Brent
(as usual larger pics on my blog)

And a few wip pics for those that like that sort of thing ..... :)

Frank3k:
This looks great! It's hard to believe that the finish is hand painted. Great job at making it look rusted! Are you rescaling the car to 1/35?

Queeg:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on October 17, 2013, 10:16:29 AM ---This looks great! It's hard to believe that the finish is hand painted. Great job at making it look rusted! Are you rescaling the car to 1/35?

--- End quote ---

Thanks and yeah I made the seat to fit a 1/35th seated fig.  We (my brother and I) are vaguely planning to try and game the cars using modifed Car Wars / Necromundia rules either for gang vrs gang stlye or maybe including zombies. There's screeds of modern 1/35th figs to pick from if you can overlook the scale issues and also I'd love to use some of those puuuurty Live Resin 1/35th modern weapons and equipment .....

Buzzbomb:
yay.. Carwars !!!

( in case you need a reference point http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2012/05/carwars_scan.jpg)

Seriously nice job all around

GTX_Admin:
Sweet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version