Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Stuffed fables

(1/5) > >>

kpnuts:
OK so this is a strange one.

Not my normal genre.

We bought the game stuffed fables for our granddaughter(it was on her list provided by her parents) we know nothing about the game but Becky (our daughter in law) said all the characters in the game are just grey plastic "there are 6 of them" she said but she had seen somewhere someone had painted them to look like the characters  and they looked so much better.

She said with my modelling background could I paint them (I did think to say I've never done figures but then thought, it's only six and it's just a game they will be really simple )

Well as you can see it's not 6

And they are no simple they are very detailed, so no pressure only have to do them by Xmas. 

I love Megan (my granddaughter) so will do my absolute best but this is totally new waters to me.

Old Wombat:
Well, they seem to be repeats of about six figures plus a few other thrown in for good measure.

Do the repeated ones in batches, keeping them almost identical. If it's a bit like a simplified chess game, then colour variations of one or two distinct parts are all that are required to separate them.

"Cartoony" colours may work better than "real" colours for this type of figure, too.

Buzzbomb:
What Guy said, they are game pieces not entries for the Games Workshop Golden Dragon competition.

Solid blocks of colour will be fine. If you really want to give a bit of zing then maybe a wash/drybrush to give lowlights/highlights.
A bottle or two of the Games Workshop washes, in green, brown and maybe black would be well worth it, as you will be able to use them on "normal" models as well.

Nothing fundamentally wrong with thinned down Jo Sonja or any cheapo water color paint either.

They will be handled so enamels may give more durability.
Above all, do it and have a go a figures, this is a great opportunity to experiment

kpnuts:
Thanks I am looking forward to the challenge.

kpnuts:
Hi all well I'm quite enjoying this. In the game play and the instructions there are pictures of the 6 main characters but not much of the protagonists which is why there are so many different colours of the other characters (other people are having the same problem as me) so I've decided any I can't find official colours of I'm going to do as colourful as possible. 

I've got to say it's quite a morbid game the characters (even the goodies) are quite gothic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version