Author Topic: Load it up !  (Read 887 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Load it up !
« on: June 20, 2022, 09:25:28 AM »
A couple of my recent finishes are cargo carriers but I'm rapidly running out of suitable crates, boxes etc - sadly Heller don't do their excellent HO/OO railway accessory set any more.  Still have plenty of jerry-cans & sand-bags but they aren't very inspiring loads :( 

Finally finished the old Nitto M8a1 - with a bit of trouble I replaced the toy drive-sprocket & crude track with items from a wrecked M-48 tank.  Have a little more work to do with some AFV Club artillery shells on pallets but I have to wait until I have the patience to not stuff them up.

Got the AFV Club M-548 Tilly but lost interest in it after cutting the driver's door open.  Finally got around to finishing it - fitted a raised floor & loaded it up.

Currently working on the Italeri DUKW ...

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Load it up !
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 10:39:01 AM »
Nice to see the M8 HST and the M548 TLC finished and ready to haul stuff.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »
Try Tichy Train Group for HO and O (1/48) scale stuff like boxes and barrels.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 11:55:23 PM »
Good job on both! That Nitto kit was a real disappointment; it's good to see a nice build of it. The M548 cargo looks good. You can always print out some boxes for cargo and fold them to shape.

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 12:48:17 AM »
Great job! Looks cool with the dozer blade!