Modelling > Scaleorama GB

Operation Beriev or Bashing a 1/72 Be-4 into a 1/144 Flying Boat

<< < (2/5) > >>

Robomog:
Looking good Brian, Open cockpits or have you found some glass to fit ?

Mog
>^-.-^<

Brian da Basher:
I'm glad you asked, Mog.

"Clear" parts will indeed be used and they "fit" rather "well" considering the person that designed them apparently wasn't on speaking terms with anyone else involved in engineering this kit.

The back piece can be managed with tactical application of Elmer's glue. The cockpit canopy thoughtfully gives me the option of either a yawning gap in front or in back. I think I'm going to with the gap in back and hope Elmer can save the day. Fingers crossed...

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher:
Instead of heading off to the paint shop, I decided to add some navigation aids.

First, the old-fashioned kind:

Now going a bit more high-tech:

I also added a bow hatch made out of a biplane wheel hub and put a shim behind the cockpit:

This helps the "fit" of the canopy enormously.

I'll have to rely on Elmer to clean up things in back.

Off to the paint shop now. I swear.

Actually I've been swearing enough already...   ;D

Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine:
Glad to see that you have found another purpose for those pesky submarine model stands.  Brilliant!  :)

Your scale-o-rama reduction does not look out of place with regards to proportions and overall appearance. 

Brian da Basher:
Back from the paint shop...

The old hairy stick was trotted out and loaded up with Poly Scale SP Lettering Gray acrylic. The "clear" parts were done with Model Masters Insignia Blue and given a top coat of Liquitex gloss medium.

Model Masters Insignia Yellow was used on the ordnance and the engines were given a custom mix.

You can see in this shot where I broke the pitot tube off. Those more sharp-eyed may also notice the new antenna that replaces the original which snapped off into another dimension.

On to the decals next.

It's the home stretch.  :D

Brian da Basher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version