Modelling > Scifi and related GB

Union Pacific "Big Boy" 2199 - 1/144

(1/9) > >>

Antonio Sobral:
It is the Year of the Lord of 2199.

Union Pacific, the largest  transport conglomerate of the Galaxy has some difficulties making the goods to arrive on time
in the most remote places of the Universe. Even Enterprise's WARP 10 is enough to satisfy the most demanding customers.

To solve this problem they seek help from the famous Squeak Labs, which tackle the situation by mounting
a neo-dynamic tandem with a set of Advanced Spinning Streamers, creating a craft that navigates
through the edges of black holes to give quasi-instantaneous jumps in space. Simple thing, to be fair.

Given the size of the ship and its fairly phallic shape, it became globally known as "Big Boy," and this is the story of the first prototype.

It all started with a Revell kit (which began its life as Monogram, now that you mention it) ...

with lots of black parts...

of which many will not be needed...

These are the ones that matter:

Let the works begin

Now joining the halves...

And here it is:

Closing some holes...

And thatīs all for now.

Thanks for watching!

Acree:
This is going to be good!

LemonJello:
I am intrigued. Please proceed, good sir.

Jacques Deguerre:
A starship from a steam locomotive.... I'm looking forward to seeing this come together although I'm getting a bit of a "Galaxy Express 999" vibe at the moment.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Even better would be to see a pair of these coupled to the TOS USS Enterprise NCC-1701 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version