Modelling > Extended Service Life and/or Back dated GB

Extended Service Life and/or Back Date GB Rules

(1/10) > >>

LemonJello:
Have you ever wondered just how long ingenuity, resourcefulness and plain old desperation could keep a vehicle, ship or aircraft in service? Do you have a kit or project that you'd like to see in modern service or vice-versa, a modern subject you'd like to see in markings/colors that have faded into the mists of history? If so, then this is the Group Build for YOU!

Therefore, I declare this, the Extended Service Life and/or Back Dated Group Build open, and invite all modelers (physical and digital) to come together here in a spirit of whiffery and good fellowship.

RULES:

1. The first rule of group build is: Don't talk about group build

2. HAVE FUN!!!

3. As the name implies there are two paths to choose from:

Blue Pill: Extended Service Life - subjects still in use/active service past their "real world" expiration date (ie: WWII fighters/bombers used as COIN platforms in the 60's/70's, re-engined/winged B-52, war prize ships re-armed/used by other nations, Aegis-equipped Iowa class BB).

Red Pill: Back Dated - subjects or concepts of a more modern bent in use "back in the day" - (Panther with ERA, jet powered zeppelins, Ford Tri-motor gunship, cruise missile armed U-boat).

4. Any and all mediums are welcome -physical models, pixels/profiles and stories (and anything else you can think of) will each be warmly welcomed and given a soft cushion to recline upon.

5. Creativity and collaboration are encouraged.

6. Duration is 1 April 2015 to 31 May 2015.  An extension may be granted, but only a brief one and only if the Moderator (me) feels like it and is greatly pleased by any and all bribes or tribute delivered prior to the original deadline.

7. Physical creations, pixels and stories will be judged separately and victors will be decided via polling of this most august assemblage.  Win everlasting glory and the adoration of your fellow Whiffers/modelers.

8. Any questions are to be directed to the Moderator (humble, me, again).

9. Most importantly, if all else fails, see Rule 2!

Edited for typos, typos, typos

Weaver:
I literally have that Ford Tri-Motor gunship on the to-do list. Not sure what historical context to put it in though...

Cliffy B:
Haven't done any profiles in a long while.  Anyone up for a collaboration on some let me know.  I have PLENTY of good ship ideas and am itching to do a ship profile  8)

LemonJello:

--- Quote from: Weaver on March 25, 2015, 05:38:02 AM ---I literally have that Ford Tri-Motor gunship on the to-do list.

--- End quote ---

To be honest, I probably stole that off the thread discussing upcoming GB ideas. In my defense, it IS a really good example. 

Kerick:
Is something half built eligible?

I need incentive to finish it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version