Modelling > The Book/Movie/Game…GB

The Book/Movie/Game GB - The Rules - DEADLINE EXTENDED

<< < (2/6) > >>

perttime:

--- Quote from: Weaver on November 13, 2014, 08:03:25 AM ---2. The objective of the GB is to create a model, profile or story which is inspired by a what-if-themed work in another medium...

--- End quote ---
So... if there is this game that has fictional vehicles in it - I don't have to make one of the vehicles that are actually in the game. I could invent my own, as long as it somehow fits in.

Weaver:

--- Quote from: perttime on November 14, 2014, 12:52:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: Weaver on November 13, 2014, 08:03:25 AM ---2. The objective of the GB is to create a model, profile or story which is inspired by a what-if-themed work in another medium...

--- End quote ---
So... if there is this game that has fictional vehicles in it - I don't have to make one of the vehicles that are actually in the game. I could invent my own, as long as it somehow fits in.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's the idea. As long as you can demonstrate a reasonable connection to the source material.

For example: I've got the Porco Rosso flying boat fighter kit and my intention at some point is to convert a Berieve Be-4 into a 1920s-style flying boat (open engine and cockpit) to sit alongside it as a "support plane". That would be acceptable because it would fit in to the original anime even though no such plane actually appeared in it. If I wanted to take the same Be-4 and give it swept wings, jet engines and missiles, then that wouldn't be acceptable because it wouldn't fit into the original story which is set in the 1920s.

Weaver:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 13, 2014, 11:46:18 PM ---I wasn't going to join this GB because my record of finishing things lately, isn't very good.

But after reading the rules, I'm wondering if this project might be admissible,

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=794.msg8216#msg8216

It's my Avro Atlantic build which only got as far as half the fuselage built and some work on the wings.  A description of the aircraft appears in the book 'In the Wet' by Neville Shute and was called an De Havilland Ceres plus a small sketch of it appeared in the book too, which is shown here below

--- End quote ---

The mods have conferred and you're in.  ;D

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Weaver on November 14, 2014, 06:27:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 13, 2014, 11:46:18 PM ---I wasn't going to join this GB because my record of finishing things lately, isn't very good.

But after reading the rules, I'm wondering if this project might be admissible,

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=794.msg8216#msg8216

It's my Avro Atlantic build which only got as far as half the fuselage built and some work on the wings.  A description of the aircraft appears in the book 'In the Wet' by Neville Shute and was called an De Havilland Ceres plus a small sketch of it appeared in the book too, which is shown here below

--- End quote ---

The mods have conferred and you're in.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks Guys --  :)

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Weaver on November 13, 2014, 08:03:25 AM ---Ladies and Gentlemen

--- End quote ---

There you go again, excluding some members of the forum... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version