Modelling > The Book/Movie/Game…GB

The Book/Movie/Game GB - The Rules - DEADLINE EXTENDED

(1/6) > >>

Weaver:
Ladies, Gentlemen and any entities possessed of a measurable amount of sentience and at least one opposable thumb, welcome to The Book/Movie/Game GB. Here are the rules.

1. The GB will run from 00.00 hrs GMT on Saturday 15th November 2014 to 24.00 hrs GMT on Saturday 31st January 2015 Sunday 15th February 2015. Extensions to the dealine may or may not be granted depending on the creativity of any pleading, bribery or threats received.

2. The objective of the GB is to create a model, profile or story which is inspired by a what-if-themed work in another medium, such as a book, graphic novel, movie, TV programme, computer game, piece of 18th century romantic poetry, or whatever else inspires you.

3. Physical models, profiles, artwork and stories are all admissable. Subjects can be spacecraft, aircraft, ground vehicles, watercraft, figures, buildings or any other form of modelling.

4. Winners will be decided in two categories, physical models and profiles/stories, by a poll after the deadline has expired. If sufficient entries are received, the profiles/stories category may be split up. There may be prizes.

5. Participants should post a clear explanation of how their model is related to the work it's inspired by. This may take various forms, for example a scan of a comic book page, a link to a movie clip or reference material on the web, or a piece of text.

6. There is indeed a Rule 6.

7. Models of real-world, non-whiff subjects are admissible if the context in which they appear in the source material is a what-if situation. For example, the F-14s vs Zeros dogfight from The Final Countdown would be acceptable, because even though the aircraft are stock, the situation is definately a what-if.

8. Part-started physical models are admissible. Profiles should be started after the GB commences, but may be based on pre-existing groundwork. In either case, please seek the approval of the moderators before proceeding.

9. If you have any questions about these rules or are uncertain about whether your project qualifies for the GB, then please contact the moderators before doing any work on it. The moderators are Weaver, Cliffy B, and nils. The moderators decision is final.

10. Have fun!

jcf:
Define 'what-if-themed'.
I've read a lot of fiction over the decades in just about all genres and very
little of it is specifically 'what-if'.
 :icon_fsm:

Spey Phantom:
by what-if themed, we mean any art of fiction is elligable.
for exsample, the aircraft from TinTin, Blake & Mortimer, certain Buck Danny comics, Area88,....is approved.
however, if its "based on a true story" , then i dont think it is.

for exsample, the Buchon Ha1112 in luftwaffe markings from the "Battle of Britain" movie is elligable, but the spitfires are not.
or the IJA T-28 Trojan from "A bridge to far" (or was it "the bridges of toki-ri") is OK to.

Weaver:
Yes, that's the idea:

Fictional plane = OK
Real plane in fictional markings = OK
Real plane in real markings in a fictional setting = probably OK, but check with the mods first
Real plane in a real setting = not OK.

(For "plane" read any type of model, of course).

kitnut617:
I wasn't going to join this GB because my record of finishing things lately, isn't very good.

But after reading the rules, I'm wondering if this project might be admissible,

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=794.msg8216#msg8216

It's my Avro Atlantic build which only got as far as half the fuselage built and some work on the wings.  A description of the aircraft appears in the book 'In the Wet' by Neville Shute and was called an De Havilland Ceres plus a small sketch of it appeared in the book too, which is shown here below

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version