Author Topic: MiniManFactory  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
MiniManFactory
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:59 PM »

Click on html or image to go to MiniManFactory

Some rather interesting models offered by this company in resin of things that are not the main focus of most modelers. 

This latest offering from MiniManFactory is the 1/35th scale PTS-M tracked amphibious cargo carrier. 

Wikipedia - PTS  tracked amphibious transport

PMMS - MiniManFactory PTS-M product announcement

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:54:58 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Re: MiniManFactory
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
That PTS-M is lovely, as is this.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Diavel

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 04:58:09 AM »
That PTS M is very nice shame about the scale though ;)
Chris
Just call me the thread killer.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 08:53:48 AM »
You'll stop at nothing to avoid taking the ferry Mr Fontaine.

;D

Brian da Basher

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »
PTSM is very nice & I've been after one for a few years now but hopefully someone will do it in plastic ???

I'll only buy one if it comes with its amphibious trailer too :P

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
You'll stop at nothing to avoid taking the ferry Mr Fontaine.

;D
PTSM is very nice & I've been after one for a few years now but hopefully someone will do it in plastic ???

I'll only buy one if it comes with its amphibious trailer too :P
That PTS-M is lovely
That PTS M is very nice shame about the scale though ;)

Well I must admit to having a certain fondness for the PTS/PTS-M as I can recall looking at quite a great many of the things in the former Democratic Republic of East Germany where there were large numbers of these things that had to be kept under close scrutiny.  As one of the few to have had that honor of looking at imagery derived from the Creek Misty program as part of the intelligence and warning infrastructure back in the day.  Any major river crossing required a lot of these vehicles to transport certain units so they were always on the list of things to report on as to whether they were in garrison or out in their training areas. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
there were large numbers of these things that had to be kept under close scrutiny.

If you're quick you can still buy a 1:1 scale version in the Czech Rep. ...... going fast, not many left in running condition.