Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

1/35 Moderoid Multi-Purpose Exoframe

<< < (2/4) > >>

LemonJello:
Frank, you left out one important tidbit; where did you buy this?

This looks like the perfect support crew system for a Gundam or similar.  Mechanics, loaders, etc...

I have that Portanova kit in the stash too.

robunos:

--- Quote from: Kerick on October 28, 2021, 12:34:07 PM ---. . . except for the wheel hanging down between it’s legs. It looks like it has a load in its pants . . .

--- End quote ---

See if you can find/get a look at an old straight-to-video movie called 'Robot Jox', you'll be surprised what some robots hide between their legs . . .   ;)    ;D

cheers,
Robin.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on October 28, 2021, 01:08:20 PM ---@Jeff - I only watched Episodes 1 & 2 - the plots didn't grab me and I don't like the animation style. This model is in Episode 2
--- End quote ---
@Frank - The series has no logical sequence as I discovered while watching the episodes.  It is an odd approach to the story as it arcs all over the place without continuity.  Some of the later episodes precede the earlier episodes which is a bit annoying but I still enjoyed the series. 

Link to the Bandai YouTube Channel that has the Obsolete Anime' series uploaded and available to watch at no charge (with subtitles)

Dr. YoKai:

--- Quote from: robunos on October 28, 2021, 09:45:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kerick on October 28, 2021, 12:34:07 PM ---. . . except for the wheel hanging down between it’s legs. It looks like it has a load in its pants . . .

--- End quote ---

See if you can find/get a look at an old straight-to-video movie called 'Robot Jox', you'll be surprised what some robots hide between their legs . . .   ;)    ;D

cheers,
Robin.

--- End quote ---

Crash and burn, baby. There is so much bad in that film, but the fight sequence is pretty good stop motion.
Pretty neat little mech, Frank. Are you going to keep the pilot figure, or replace it with something different?
Looking at the box art, a full drone treatment would be a straightforward conversion.

robunos:

--- Quote from: Dr. YoKai on October 28, 2021, 10:46:54 PM ---Crash and burn, baby. There is so much bad in that film, but the fight sequence is pretty good stop motion.

--- End quote ---

Did a bit  of Googling about 'Robot Jox' after i posted here, apparently, part of the problem with the film was that the director wanted to make a kid-friendly film to cash in on the 'Transformers' craze, while the scriptwriter, Joe Haldeman who also wrote 'The Forever War', wanted it to be an adult film about the futility of war . . .
Also, the great Ron Cobb designed the robots . . .

cheers,
robin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version